Saturday, July 14, 2012

No more Christianity 'as usual' by Deborah

I just can't stop praising our God from whom all of life's blessings flow! Some of you have followed on Facebook about the tragedy of my niece turned to triumph. From Wednesday July 12th to Friday July 14th we were all crying out to God on her behalf, the MD state police and investigators were on the case without any leads. It looked hopeless, but GOD! One of my dear intercessor friends declared that a word of knowledge would come forth that would lead Morgan to be found. Friday night in prayer my husband announced that she would come home within a few hours. Praise God, that is exactly what happened! Why do we get surprised when we see God perform His Word?
I learned of her return upon awakening Saturday morning and immediately wanted to give thanks to God so I could continue my day. Isn't that what we do, we pay our dues when God answers our prayers by giving Him a thanks and move on? He woke me up in the Spirit as I was praying to Him. "You just spent two days barely eating or sleeping, crying to Me, and telling everyone you could about your request. I have answered your cry. Are you going to do any less to thank me?" This just shook my comfortable Christianity. It rocked my little world. So I decided right then and there to spend at least until Monday morning making a concerted effort to speak praise and thanks to God at EVERY opportunity. Since that time I haven't been the same......

No comments: